Email: [email protected]
Now serving the Asheville, N.C. area, Christopher L. Young began servicing pianos over 45 years ago, and has been a Registered Piano Technician and an active member of the Piano Technicians Guild for over 25 years.
As a concert piano technician on eastern Long Island for more than 35 years, Chris served as resident tuner-technician for concert halls and venues including:
- The Perlman Music Program (15 yrs)
- Pianofest in the Hamptons (21 yrs)
- The John Drew Theater at Guild Hall in East Hampton (25 yrs)
- Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center (10 yrs)
- Southampton Cultural Center (8 yrs)
– among many other public venues and tunings for a multitude of discriminating and satisfied private clients. Chris also does rebuilding, taking on only one project at a time so as to pay great attention to detail in everything from action replacement and restringing, to soundboard repair and pinblock replacement. Click here to see the list of services offered.
Also a Steinway-recommended technician,* Chris focuses on quality tuning by ear and top-notch craftsmanship to keep your piano sounding and performing its best.
Chris and his wife, Vicki, relocated to Asheville in May of 2012, where he is delighted to have made an affiliation with the Piano Emporium of Weaverville (and now in Asheville, too!). Chris is now also available for all your tuning, repair and rebuilding projects.
For more information on the Piano Technicians Guild, click here.