Now serving the Wilmington, N.C. area, Christopher L. Young began servicing pianos over 55 years ago. He has been a Registered Piano Technician and active member of the Piano Technicians Guild for over 35 years.
As a concert piano technician on eastern Long Island, NY for more than 35 years, Chris served as resident tuner-technician for many concert venues, including:
- The Perlman Music Program (15 yrs)
- Pianofest in the Hamptons (21 yrs)
- The John Drew Theater at Guild Hall in East Hampton (25 yrs)
- Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center (10 yrs)
- Southampton Cultural Center (8 yrs)
– as well as tunings for a multitude of discriminating and satisfied private clients. Chris also does rebuilding, taking on only one project at a time so as to pay great attention to detail in everything from action replacement and restringing to soundboard repair and pinblock replacement. Click here to see the list of services offered.
Moreover, as a Steinway-recommended technician,* Chris focuses on both quality tuning by ear and top-notch craftsmanship to keep your piano sounding and performing its best.
In 2012, Chris and his wife, Vicki, relocated to Asheville, NC. While there, he was delighted to be affiliated with Piano Emporium as one of their top techs.
Chris and Vicki have recently removed to the beautiful coast of North Carolina, where he is now available for all your tuning, repair, and reconditioning projects.
For more information on the Piano Technicians Guild, click here.